Face your fear
Networking for Dummies (and Zealots Too!)
Quick. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you imagine networking at your next meeting or event for 30-40 minutes? (Check all that apply.)
- Yee-ha! I can wear my power suit.
- Oh no! Whatever will I wear?
- 30-40 minutes… (sigh) So many people, so little time!
- 30-40 minutes… (gasp) I must get someone to fill in for me!
Are you a networking zealot, wallflower, or somewhere in between? Whatever your response, plan to laugh and learn as hospitality expert, Robin Getman facilitates a lively, energizing networking experience guaranteed to:
- Raise your enthusiasm and reduce your fear of networking.
- Ensure meaningful connections when meeting other people.
- Increase the value of your [association] membership and participation.
Powerful Personal Presentation: How to Capture an Audience
(without taking prisoners!)
Whether it’s two minutes on the telephone, five minutes on the platform, or ten minutes in a meeting, everyone presents something some time. Demystify the secrets of the pros and watch your personal and professional effectiveness soar.
- Capture and hold people’s attention within the first thirty seconds.
- Transform speaker-centered anxiety into audience-focused passion.
- Use your natural energy and enthusiasm to overcome fear.
- Use your body language to build trust and rapport.
- Add life to what you say and how you say it.
Numbers Don’t Speak for Themselves, You Do:
Critical Communication Skills for Financial Leaders
As a financial expert, you play a key role in personal and organizational goal setting, motivating, building trust, planning and organization. Numbers paint a picture, point to patterns and pinpoint potential but if people aren’t paying attention, your hard work nets nothing. For non-numbers-oriented people, numbers numb.
Give numbers a powerful voice–yours.
This session explores four personal assets you can leverage any time, anywhere to add power to your presentation and breathe life into financial information. Learn how to tailor your presentation to meet the needs of your listening audience, when to talk numbers, when to talk relationships and how to evaluate your effectiveness.
- Improve vital team communication skills
- Discover common communication errors in talking numbers
- Learn how to share financial information with personality
Lead from your soul...
Laugh from your toes...
Serve from your heart...