Lead from your soul...
Are You Leading from Your Soul? (instead of a position of authority)
Ever wonder how Gandhi would “motivate” an employee? How Mother Theresa might “re-engineer” the organization? How Martin Luther King would “compete” for the future?
Personal power in organizations increases when people begin leading from their souls rather than positions of authority–when leaders leverage external and internal power. External power (the capacity to act) is represented by confidence, competence, expertise, titles, success, degrees, stature, money, self-esteem and recognition. Internal power (the capacity to reflect) emerges out of our inner self, our souls, our deepest values. The integration of the two reveals who you really are and your life purpose.
Session learning objectives:
- Define and examine six stages of power in organizations.
- Challenge traditional belief systems about power that continue to define “success” by position power, money and personal recognition.
- Distinguish between transactional and transformational leadership.
- Identify ways to enhance personal effectiveness and expand influence.
- Grow your leadership skills to become more (or less!) visible.
- Help other people realize their full potential.
Is your Networking (when your comuter isn't)?
Quick. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you imagine networking at your next meeting or event for 30-40 minutes? (Check all that apply.)
- Yee-ha! I can wear my power suit.
- Oh no! Whatever will I wear?
- 30-40 minutes… (sigh) So many people, so little time!
- 30-40 minutes… (gasp) I must get someone to fill in for me!
Are you a networking zealot, wallflower, or somewhere in between? Whatever your response, plan to laugh and learn as hospitality expert, Robin Getman facilitates a lively, energizing networking experience guaranteed to:
- Raise your enthusiasm and reduce your fear of networking.
- Ensure meaningful connections when meeting other people.
- Increase the value of your [association] membership and participation.